lördag 5 mars 2011

Dusty heart

I liked you better when your hair was longer
When it made me shiver
And my hair covered your face
And we shook our heads like horses
Appaloosa,
American curly
To loosen up those tangled manes

And you asked if you could touch me
As I was coming up for air
In the right places you always touched me,
Always with your breath
Always your arms, slow and sinewy,
Always in the corner of my eye
With your gaze somewhere beyond my face

I wanted to creep from you
To make you catch me once more  
Pretend I wasn’t already a prey laid down
I am the carcass watching the hunter,
Your proud chest painted with flanell
Licking those gold lock fangs
You will never bare for me again

My clean bones, hot and smooth
By the dried out water hole of a bed
Brown black strands is all that remains,
Wanting length,
Wishing to cover another face
The face of a huntress,
Someone who does the killing for a change


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar