tisdag 1 mars 2011

We almost had a baby

Hittade en fantastiskt söt låt av Emmy the Great. Det är knöligt med kärlek ibland. Och skydd.


Well you didn't stop, when I told you to stop
And there was a month when I wasn't sure
 if the next time I saw you
 out on the road
I'd have something to say, other than pay
       all of the money that you owe.
And I would have liked to
   to have something above you
 to have something to hold
      and know I could choose to let it grow
And I would have called you
  and I'd have said hey
    you know I'm in control and I'll let you know
       if you have to come and choose a name


  Well, I am a woman
    well you know I am a woman
    But before I met you
  I was only a kid
You know there were moments
      When you thought you would break me
   But you wanted to take me
  So you did.


 And I will think of you
  now that we are apart
  I put my hand across my gut
I plan to feed it with a heart
    I'm not the girl that you remember
  from the start
I was only a baby
   now I am what you made me


And I will think of you
 now that we are apart
   I put my hand across my gut
   I plan to feed it with a heart
      I'm not the girl that you remember from the start
I was only a baby
 now I am what you made me


And once you left me in the spring
    and twice you left in fall
and once I tried to make a life
    to keep myself in yours
Do you think of me
when you are playing
  the one and five in four
  Is country music
      what your life is for?
                 
We almost had a baby

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar